Dr. Odejobi's research is in the area of Computing and Intelligent Systems Engineering with focus on speech and language engineering. Dr. Odejobi was a Visiting Scholar to the School of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering at the University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia as a fellow of the United Nations University International Institute of Software Technology (UNU-IIST). He was a Commonwealth Scholar (British) at the University of Aston in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Dr. Odejobi also had visiting scholar positions at the Phonetics Laboratory of the University of Oxford, Oxford, England and The Centre for Speech Technology Research (CSTR), of the University of Edinburgh, in Scotland, United Kingdom. Dr. Odejobi was a Marie Curie Research Fellow on the Constraint Reasoning Extended to Enhance Decision (CREED) Project at the Cork Constraint Computation Centre (4C), of the University College Cork (UCC), Cork, Ireland (The Republic). He was a Research Academic in the same institution between 2008 and 2009. Dr. Odejobi is a consultant to a number of National and International organisations. For example, he served as a consultant to the African Languages Technologies Initiatives (Alt-I) on the Microsoft Vista Operating System Localisation Project. He is currently a Senior Lecturer In the Department of Computer Science and Engineering. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
SOME OF DR. ODEJOBI'S IMPORTANT PUBLICATIONS:
- ODEJOBI, O. A. (2008) Recognition of tones in Yoruba speech: Experiments with artificial neural networks, in Studies Computational Intelligence (SCI) in Prasad, B. and Prasanna, S.R. M. (Eds.), , Vol. 83, pp 23-47, Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg, Poland, ISBN: 978-3-540-75397-1, 2008
- ODEJOBI, O. A. and ADEGBOLA, O. Computational and Engineering Issues in Human Computer Interaction systems for supporting Communication in African languages, in R. Taiwo (Ed.) Handbook of Research on Discourse Behaviour and Digital Communication, IGI Global Publishers, USA.
- ODEJOBI O. A. AND KAILO K. (2001): Computational Concept Demonstration with Ayo Board: A Simulation Experiment, International Journal of Computer and Its Application, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp3--12. Nigeria.
- EKONG V.J.U. AND ODEJOBI O. A. (2001): Assembly Program Debugging: A Logical Approach, Ife Journal of Technology, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 33--39. Nigeria.
- ODEJOBI O. A. AND OWOLARAFE O.K. (2005): Computer Simulation of Fuzzy Control System for Gari Fermentation Plant. Journal of Food Engineering, (Elsevier) Vol. 68, pp.197-207. United Kingdom.
- ODEJOBI O.A., BEAUMONT J.A. AND WONG S.H.S (2006): Intonation Contour Realization for Standard Yoruba Text-to-Speech synthesis: A Fuzzy Computational Approach. Computer Speech and Language, (Elsevier), Vol., 20, pp563-588, United Kingdom
- ODEJOBI, O. A., WONG S.H.S. AND BEAUMONT J.A.(2007) “A fuzzy decision tree-based duration model for standard Yoruba text-to-speech synthesis”, Computer Speech & Language. (Elsevier) 21, pp.325—349, United Kingdom
- ODEJOBI, O. A., WONG S.H.S. AND BEAUMONT J.A. (2008) “A modular holistic approach to Yoruba text-to-speech synthesis”, Computer Speech & Language, (Elsevier) Vol. 22, pp39-68, United Kingdom
- ODEJOBI, O. A. (2008) Text-to-Speech Synthesis for African languages: Modern Techniques, Tools and Technologies, VDM Verlag. Dr. Muller, Germany ISBN: 978-3-639-02330-5 (Available on amazon)
- RAPHAEL, F. and ODEJOBI, O.A. (2009) A computational approach to Yoruba morphology, Proceedings of the EACL Workshop on Language Technologies for African Languages, (Aflat 2009), pp 25—31, De Pauw G.,de Schryver and Levin, L.(Eds), Athens, Greece
- ODEJOBI, O.A. and WALLACE, R. J.(2010) Formalising Human Computer Interaction Modelling: a fuzzy constraint approach, Proceedings of the 4th Irish Human Computer Interaction Conference, (iHCI 2010), Byrne, D, Lee H, Smeaton, A. and Ciolfi, L (Eds). pp. 94—97, Dublin, Ireland
- ADEGBOLA, O. OWOLABI, K. and ODEJOBI, O. A. (2011) Localising MS Vista for Yoruba: Experience, Challenges and Future Direction, Proceeding of Conference on Human Language Technologies for Development, pp7—10, Alexandria, Egypt
- ODEJOBI, O. A. (2011) Design of a Text-Mark-up System for Yoruba Text-to-Speech Synthesis Applications, Proceeding of Conference on Human Language Technologies for Development, pp.74—80, Alexandria, Egypt
- AKANBI, L. A. and ODEJOBI, O. A. (2011) Automatic Recognition of Oral Vowels in Tone Languages: Experiments with Fuzzy Logic and Neural Network Models, Applied Softcomputing (Elsevier), Vol. 11, No. 1, pp1461--1480
Olúgbénga O. Akinadé and Ọdẹ́túnjí A. Ọdẹ́jọbí(2014) Computational modelling of Yorùbá numeralsin a number-to-text conversion system, Journal of Language Modelling Vol 2, No 1 (2014), pp. 167–211.