The style file was designed to satisfy the requirements of Faculty of Technology, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria. Some of the requirements are:
- Border: The border requirements are: Top: 1.0 in, right: 1.0 in, bottom: 1.0 in, left: 1.5in.
- Chapter Heading: Chapter heading must be centralised and the numbering must be written out in full.
- Page Number: The page number for the prefactory section should be written in Roman numerals and placed at the bottom centre position while the page number for main body should be written in Arabic numeral and placed at the top centre position
- Author-Year Citation:-The author-year citation is provided with the natbib package.
Figure and Tables: Figure and Tables should be placed on a separate page except for related tables and figures which can be place on a separate page together.
How to use the OAUthesis Style file
- Download and install LaTeX distribution e.g. Miktex for Windows, Mactex for OSX and TeTeX for Linux distribution.
- Download and Install a LaTeX editor e.g. TexStudio, WinEdt, Kile, or LyX
- Download and unzip the custom style and packages into a directory
Open thesis.tex. This is a sample thesis with some content.
bibliography reference manager
JabRef - An open source bibliography reference manager.
Mendeley - Mendeley is a free reference manager and academic social network that can help you organize your research, collaborate with others online, and discover the latest research.